[openbox] Key Chain Broken by Multiple Keyboards

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Jun 24 08:30:39 EDT 2023

admin at nosuck.org said on Fri, 23 Jun 2023 02:38:11 -0500

>2023-06-23, 09:26, Alessandro Vesely:
>> So you mean two /half/-keyboards.
>
>No, two keyboards.  With two USB connections, two /dev/input*
>interfaces, two entries in lshw, etc.

Seems to me that there's no way for keyboard2 to know you're pushing
Alt, Ctrl or Shft on keyboard1 and vice versa.

If I remember correctly a single keyboard is a matrix of switches
connecting to an array of horizontal and vertical wires, and that's
converted to some sort of keycode. This stuff's decoded in the
keyboard, not in the computer, so I'd expect key combos on 2 separate
keyboards to fail.

SteveT

Steve Litt