[openbox] Menu difficulty

D.T. ohnonot-github at posteo.de
Thu Mar 31 02:49:41 EDT 2022

I am also not sure how that could've locked up your desktop.
Have you solved that mystery meanwhile?

What I would like to see is your rc.xml and your (other, main?)
menu.xml.
It's not enough to include the file in rc.xml - you also have to be
able to access it with a hotkey, or integrate it into your root-menu.

And obviously nothing happens until you reconfigure or restart openbox.

PS:

   Just insert the following:

   <menu id="dave-openb" />

   near the end of your file, just before the last tags

   </menu>
   </openbox_menu>

I don't think this makes any sense; dave.xml seems to have the menu id
declaration in the right place already.