[openbox] Adding to an existing openbox menu

Jim Anderson jjanders at ptd.net
Mon Dec 12 08:46:31 EST 2022

Hi,

I'm have been using openbox for years. Going back a few years, it was
pretty easy to change openbox menus. The debian distribution I use now
uses jgmenu to generate menus. The jgmenu system appears fairly complex
and to be honest I have little interest in taking days or weeks to learn
the system. However, I would like to learn enough to:

A) Add my own static menu items to the existing top level menu

B) Add static sub-menus to the static menus that I create.

Can anyone advise how to do this, point me to examples, or point me to
documentation that I should look it?

I have looked at http://openbox.org/wiki/Openbox:Community_portal, but I
cannot find a simple answer to my questions there.

Jim A.