[openbox] Menu difficulty

D.T. ohnonot-github at posteo.de
Fri Apr 1 01:50:06 EDT 2022

On Thu, 2022-03-31 at 12:07 -0600, Dave Serls wrote:
> R. Belair gave me the clue to solving the problem.
> (root) menu.xml did not contain the <menu> link to my custom menu.

I see - I misunderstood their advice. It was phrased ambiguously.
And I essentially said the same thing in my last post.

> And then I left a leading slash in the <file) statement of rc.xml
> (oops)
> which negated everything.  Everything is now satisfactory.
>
> Thanks for everyone's support.
> I have been a blackbox user since the late 90's.
> I've thought that it's about time to move on to a more supportive
> platform. There are some things I miss from blackbox, but none are
> worth
> the community I've experienced here.  Thank you all.

I came to Linux from blackbox for windows; have been using fluxbox for
a while, which does not use XML for configuration.

> On 3/31/22 11:05, Parke wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 1:30 PM Dave Serls
> > <dave at dashs.denver.co.us> wrote:
> > > The lockup occurred only once (first time).
> >
> > Fyi, imo, that does not answer the questions that I asked.
> >
> > > After that dave.xml is not displayed when opening the menu with
> > > right-click.
> >
> > I would try replacing the <execute></executes>'s with something
> > simpler, like:
> >
> > <execute> /usr/bin/urxvt </execute>
> >
> > This would probably tell you whether it is your XML that is causing
> > the problem, or the contents of your <execute></execute>.

___

Vaccines for everyone!
Donate to the COVAX alliance:
https://gogiveone.org/ (WHO)