[openbox] I need touse other hodkeys than ALT+F4 to close application window

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Wed Nov 14 05:23:58 EST 2018

Dear core developers of Openbox.
Because yours window manager is very memory and CPU resources friendly,
I have started to intensively use it in Userspace variant of various
Linux distributions on Android devices.
But because standard cheap Bluetooth keyboards and Android build in
external keyboard driving module keyboard.AOSP behaves differently, I
would have to know, where are defined hod keys such AS
ALT+TAB to move between windows, ALT+F4. If those hod keys are
controlled by active window manager or by Gnome-session and by other
session specific desktop environment?
My dream would be to change some hodkeys so CAPSLOCK key would be used
instead of ALT, because some build in hodkeys are in conflict with
Android system UI or with The talkback screen reader.
And I have last plea, which is not related to Openbox, but I believe,
that somebody would help.
I have tested many many various desktop environments. Does somebody of
you know The desktop environment, which would be usable without UDEV
sokeyboard will be usable?
I also need that Orca screen reader would work inside this environment.
I have tested many many desktop environment including Plasma_KDE, Mate,
Gnome, LXDE, LXQT. But I AM occurring The following problems.
1. Some C code inside desktop environments require sharing memory file
creation, or some C code want to create shared executable stack and
those techniques are not supported by strictly userspace variant of
Linux distribution. Thanks to build in limitations of Android kernel.
Gnome-session calls some algorithm for detecting software acceleration,
and some of its internal call is not compatible with Xserver XSDL
internal C code.
So gnome-session can not be used also.
LXDE produces no errors, but developers want to call UDEV procedures to
work with keyboard, so external keyboards are not supported in LXDE.
I AM also wondering, how complex would be to adapt some of actual GTK
based desktop environment so it would be also usable from strictly
userspace based Linux distro. From distro, which donot support UDEV and
sharedmemory operations in general.
I know about The following .so library.
https://github.com/pelya/android-shmem
But I do not know, how to use it. If I would had to reprogram some
desktop environment, which uses other library for shared memory calls?