[openbox] status of openbox

ohnonot-github at posteo.de ohnonot-github at posteo.de
Tue Nov 28 03:06:48 EST 2017

Hello,
I've been using openbox for ages and have no reasons to complain.
However, I have recently seen posts like this
<https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/anyone-interested-in-taking-over-openbox-4175618383/>
where people claim that openbox is "dead" and "unmaintained".
This isn't the first time I'm hearing something like this. Also please
note that these claims are unrelated to wayland changes.

Also note further down: "I asked in their forum about the development,
not the actual maintainers, just some peeps hanging in the channel and
they said it was no longer active." - I don't even know what that means,
openbox doesn't have a forum?

I know that the 2 main developers regularly answer questions here, which
in my opinion kindof proves that openbox is not "dead";
What is your (Mikael Magnusson, Dana Jansens) take on these rumours?
It would be nice to reply to these claims with some sort of
authoritative answer.

TIA,

o.