[openbox] Action on window after GoToDesktop

Cam Webb cam_webb at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 17:43:44 EST 2017

Hi! I’m trying to execute an action (enabling/disabling trackpad)
depending on the title of the window in focus after a key or mouse
event.  I have had success triggering the action via NextWindow. E.g.

  <keybind key="A-Tab">
    <action name="NextWindow">
      <finalactions>
        <action name="If">
          <query>
            <title ...

However, I would also like to be able to trigger this if I were to
switch desktop (with GoToDesktop) and then the title of the in-focus
window were to be examined.  But GoToDesktop has no equivalent
<finalactions> option, and a test on the window title will, I think, use
only the title of the in-focus window in the Desktop being switched
_from_, not to.

Does anyone have a solution to this?  (Specifically, again, to switch
into a desktop with a key event, examine the title of whichever window
is in focus in the _new_ desktop, and trigger a dependent action.)

Thanks. And thanks specifically to Dana Jansens and other developers for
this great WM.

Cam