[openbox] Hooray for Openbox!

Ranjan Maitra maitra at email.com
Sun Dec 17 09:35:15 EST 2017

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 13:17:13 +0100 tuxic at posteo.de wrote:

> On 12/16 10:35, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I noticed that I have been increasingly being forced to use Qt-based software (eg. okular for reading acrobat, etc comments, keepass, etc) so I decided to give the so-called lightweight LXQt (Fedora 27 vanilla spin) a try on one of my older machines. Boy, it takes forever to even load!
> >
> > I am sticking to Openbox. I will use the other software as and when I need them.
> >
> > I am concerned about what Wayland means for Openbox because I do not understand it, but I am very thankful for what I currently have!
> >
> > Thanks again to Dana and all others who have kept openbox afloat!
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Ranjan
> >

> > --
> > Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.

> Hi,
>
> if you want a non-Qt PDF-Reader...I am using 'mupdf' and am very happy
> with it:

Thanks! I use zathura for reading, but I also often have to read comments put in on pdf files. I have found only okular to be capable at doing this for all files that I have come across. The others (including evince) don't even reliably tell me that there is a problem in the sense that there are comments out there, much less what is in there.

Best wishes,
Ranjan