[openbox] status of openbox

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Sun Dec 3 12:23:44 EST 2017

Thanks for that :) I still use it daily and try to fix anything that breaks
(like gnome integration a while ago) but haven't had the motive to make
changes to it when it's working well enough. There's of course some nice
patches, or forks and pull requests around for things, which you can play
with if u are a DYI'er.

On Dec 3, 2017 11:35 AM, "Ɓukasz Grabowski" <graboluk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's rather a case of "If it ain't broke don't fix it". It
> does what it's supposed to do as a window manager without any fuss.

This. Just like a life without openbox seems impossible, so seems a
life with an "improved openbox" (forgive the oxymoron). To paraphrase,
it may be possible to go in different directions, but it is not
possible to improve the absolute.