[openbox] Problem with menu

Riley, Timothy N CTR NSWCDD, E31 timothy.riley1.ctr at navy.mil
Thu Oct 13 12:40:58 EDT 2016

Good morning,

Hoping you can elighten me as to why Openbox isn't acting as expected.

I've installed it on 2 RHEL6-64bit systems. One is my own. My own system works fine, after inputting my user name I get the menu option at the bottom of the screen that allows me to choose between these 3 options - GNOME-OPENBOX, OPENBOX, or GNOME.

However, on the 2nd RHEL6 system, that menu does not appear. The user can open a terminal and type "Openbox --replace" and then it works but they want the menu option at login. I've tried everything I can think of but I just can't figure out why that menu doesn't appear for my user. Both systems are virtually identical - the users' system has some development tools that I don't need as a sysadmin.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

TR