[openbox] keybinding

Anthony Thyssen a.thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Sun May 29 20:08:35 EDT 2016

I also recommend xmodmap to re-organize your keys to substitute the broken
key.

However the other solutions is basically X Window Event handling.  That is
see an event and replace it with some action such as some other keys.

I have look at this extensively over the years, with a specific goal of
creating Keyboard Macros, using Window managers, XDoTool, XBindKeys, and
other tools.

That is you type say... Windows-F1 and it types your email address, or your
personal web site URL, or something else, as if you typed it yourself. I
use it all the time and find it extremely useful.

X Window Event Handling (plain text notes)
<http://www.ict.griffith.edu.au/anthony/ info/X/event_handling.txt>

Comments welcome.