[openbox] Firefox add-on popups

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Tue Mar 29 22:07:10 EDT 2016

Ian Zimmerman wrote:

  It would help to know which add-on it is, and perhaps to see a
  screenshot of it when it does work.  libnotify seems to be a popular way
  of doing such things, do you have it installed?

As I said, Ublock Origin is one example. Others include Privacy Badger and
ABP. I can't make a screenshot since I've never seen this popup myself but
apparently it's supposed to look something like this:
https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/previews/full/157/157592.png?modified=1433479123

I did not have libnotify installed, but installing it did not help.

I don't think it's a firefox setting. I can create a new, empty profile, add
ublock origin, and I get the same behavior.

I can't think what else it might be. An X resource? Environment variable?
Does gtk have some persistent settings that it stores somewhere? This
happens on both Ubuntu and Arch.

Someone else chimed in that it works for them so obviously I'm doing
something wrong.