[openbox] Openbox context menu not working

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 02:58:27 EDT 2016

On 29 March 2016 at 07:09, Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 23:39:27 +0100
> Piscium <groknok at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Another test I have done is this: I commented out in rc.xml the lines
>> that cause the Openbox menu to appear as a result of a right-click on
>> the desktop. After I did that and restarted Openbox I got only a
>> single event for a right-click (or left click), as below. In other
>> words, most of the events that appear in the default case (with the
>> Openbox menu enabled for right-clicks) are caused by the menu window
>> itself - or so it seems.
>
> This leads to the preliminary conclusion that the primary event (the mouse
> click) is generated, but not sent to (or doesn't arrive at) Openbox.

Maybe. But just to be clear: my last email was with the issue _not_manifesting.

The issue has not manifested with me since I uninstalled polkit-gnome
and ibus* (meaning a number of packages whose name starts with ibus).
I am waiting for the issue to manifest again to re-run the same tests
and then compare.