[openbox] Can the right-hand side monitor be primary and the one on left-hand side secondary?

Anthony Thyssen a.thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Wed Jun 22 22:57:58 EDT 2016

The problem is actually more lower level than that.  The primary positions
are using X server zero coordinates. As such the primary monitor for
applications is typically the top left monitor.

This is nothing to do with XRandR or Openbox, but a problem with X windows
in that displays can't properly use negative coordinates (it means
something different when a negative coordinate is given to applications)

I myself wanted my primary monitor (laptop screen) below my secondary one
(large rmonitor well above the laptop.  I couldn't do it.

I have similar problems with multi-media computers where the laptop
(multi-media center) is to the right of the large (secondary) screen that
is to display the videos being watched.

The only solutions I can see is to set up the display in reverse, (primary
on left), and then use some weird mouse warping application to warp mouse
movements from the 'correct' sides of the display.  Not perfect but should
work, but I have no working solution.