[openbox] KeePass Autotype does not work, Failed to execute the child process

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Sat Jan 9 04:05:21 EST 2016

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 22:20:51 +0100
From: Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl>
To: Aquarius <aquarius at tutanota.de>
Subject: Re: [openbox] KeePass Autotype does not work, Failed to execute
the   child process

On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 20:31:57 +0000 (UTC)
Aquarius <aquarius at tutanota.de> wrote:

> Sorry, this is my $PATH as 'normal' user:
> /home/piet/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
>
> I tried
> <action name="Execute">
>       <command>/usr/bin/cli /usr/lib/keepass2/KeePass.exe
> --autotype</command>
>     </action>
> before: does not work.

(Hint: "Does not work" is rather vague. Is there an error of some sort?)

I installed keepass (it is really keepass2, version 2.30) on my Fedora 23
system. There's an executable binary (wrapper script) /usr/bin/keepass that
reads:

  exec /usr/bin/mono /usr/lib/keepass/KeePass.exe "$@"

I added the following to my openbox rc:

      <keybind key="W-k">
        <action name="Execute">
          <command>/usr/bin/keepass --autotype</command>
        </action>
      </keybind>

(W is bound to the Windows key).

When I press W-k, keepass is started.

When I select an entry and type C-v, it autotypes.

When I start keepass manually, and minimize it, and type W-k, the existing
keepass window is restored.

So I really have no idea what is going wrong on your system.

-- Johan
   http://johan.vromans.org/seasons_greetings.html