[openbox] Specifying the Openbox theme location

Lewis Pike phaselocker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:38:12 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I am trying to distribute a demo of my Openbox configuration and I
would like the demo to be as self-contained as possible.

I can get most of the way there with the --config-file switch but I
have yet to find a way to specify the location of my Openbox themes.
As I understand it, Openbox looks in for themes in $HOME/.themes and
/usr/share/themes in that order.  Is there a way to override this?

My current solution is to export a different $HOME in the xinitrc but
of course this will bork the pretty much all of a user's application
configuration that is outside the purview of my demo.

.lewis