[openbox] multiple docks possible?

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Tue Sep 15 08:58:17 EDT 2015

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:04:48 +0300 TT <turkuting at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> No, sorry.
> > I don't want to go the multiple panels route because I feel that the openbox dock structure is much simpler than handling panels (certainly takes fewer amounts of resources).
> in your original post, you gave plank or wbar as an example.
> those apps run as docks anyway, it's not necessary to use openbox' dock
> for that.
> then you still can dock something else into openbox' own dock.
> so, for example: wbar on the left, openbox' dock with conky & systray on
> the right.

Thank you for this suggestion! I was not aware that wbar (or plank) run as docks anyway. I tried running wbar and I got it to open at the bottom of the screen. How do I move it to say the left center (say). Similar question with plank.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.