[openbox] Move all windows to other desktop

Mathias Dufresne mathias.dufresne at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:47:05 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Is it possible, or would it be possible, to move all windows to another
desktop, keeping windows order, position and size?

This would be very nice on heavy loaded and organized desktops. For now a
new desktop can be added as last desktop.

With 4 desktop, the new one become n°5. If user desire was to have a 2'
desktop to expand work done on second desktop, all windows from n°4 have to
be moved to 5 then all windows from 3 have to be moved to 4.

For that specific case we could simply (perhaps it is not simple to code
it, I have no idea ;) add a commands to:
- add new desktop between 1 & 2
- add new desktop between 2 & 3
etc...

But for the case you opened too much windows on one desktop then decide
that desktop is not the right one, you have to move them manually...

Cheers