[openbox] [bit OT] Get focus window id?

Lukasz Grabowski graboluk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:42:34 EDT 2015

Actually you can directly use the id given by xdotool in wmctrl.

As an example from my ~/bin, assuming that the active window is
zathura, the following will get the pdf file name which is currently
open (this file name  is in the window title of zathura):

ZATHURA_WIN=$(printf '%x\n' $(xdotool getactivewindow))
FILE=`wmctrl -l | grep $ZATHURA_WIN | awk '{$1=$2=$3=""; print $0}' |
awk '{$1=$1}1'`

Best, Łukasz