[openbox] how to disable gdm lock screen

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex+lists-openbox at apartia.org
Thu Mar 26 10:18:16 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 02:51:44PM +1000, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:42:06 +0100
> Louis-David Mitterrand <vindex+lists-openbox at apartia.org> wrote:
> | On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 09:06:05AM +0100, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> | > Hi,
> | >
> | > On a debian 'testing' system I'm using openbox with gdm3 as session
> | > manager launching via ~/.xsession with 'exec openbox-session'.
> | >
> | > Sometimes when re-opening my laptop lid I find that gdm has locked the
> | > screen (over xscreensaver which had already locked it).
> | >
> | > How do I disable gdm's screen locking?
> |
> | So the solution is:
> |
> | % gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.screensaver lock-enabled false
>
> Alternately..
>
> Get rid of gnome all together!!!!
>
> You can still run nautilus, and use lxpanel or other, for application
> menus, launchers, and dock
>
> In fact you can get rid of gdm too, I'm using lightdm.
> I did that so I could remove mutter-wayland, and use
> the amd-catalyst display drivers.

The problem when using lightdm is my xterm tt fonts are no longer
antialiased:

System started with lightdm:

http://titus.apartia.fr/stuff/lightdm_fonts.png

System started with gdm3:

http://titus.apartia.fr/stuff/gdm_fonts.png

In the second screenshot fonts are clearer, it's especially visible in
the colored 'ls' output.

Any suggestion to adress that issue?