[openbox] how to disable gdm lock screen

Anthony Thyssen A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Tue Mar 24 00:51:44 EDT 2015

On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:42:06 +0100
Louis-David Mitterrand <vindex+lists-openbox at apartia.org> wrote:
| On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 09:06:05AM +0100, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
| > Hi,
| >
| > On a debian 'testing' system I'm using openbox with gdm3 as session
| > manager launching via ~/.xsession with 'exec openbox-session'.
| >
| > Sometimes when re-opening my laptop lid I find that gdm has locked the
| > screen (over xscreensaver which had already locked it).
| >
| > How do I disable gdm's screen locking?
|
| So the solution is:
|
| % gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.screensaver lock-enabled false

Alternately..

Get rid of gnome all together!!!!

You can still run nautilus, and use lxpanel or other, for application
menus, launchers, and dock

In fact you can get rid of gdm too, I'm using lightdm.
I did that so I could remove mutter-wayland, and use
the amd-catalyst display drivers.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au>