[openbox] openbox-menu

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 15 18:23:15 EDT 2015

On 15/07/15 02:53 PM, Louis Wust wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015, at 12:37, Frank McCormick wrote:
>> The pipemenu works...
>
> Have you tried executing "openbox-menu" directly from the command line?
> Is that what you mean by this?

   No. I had it installed in menu.xml....the sub-section names were
missing but the apps were all there in each section. The sub-section
names were replaced wityh " null"

> Does the output include multiple <menu> sections other than "Chrome
> Apps," and does it include all of the applications that you were
> expecting to see?

   That's the point I was trying to make..that the multiple menu sections
were there but each was called "null" (except for "chrome Apps".

   In the meantime, I fized the problem. I had forgotten to include the
appropriate menu selection on the line in menu.xml.

The command now reads  openbox-menu gnome-applications.menu.

It was this part I had skipped, thinking (wrongly) it was optional
like some of the other openbox-menu params.

I am now struggling with themes...99.9% of the ones I have found are
simply dull.

Thanks