[openbox] Directional switching

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sun Jul 12 16:00:22 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-12 09:31 +0200, Tore Anderson wrote:

> For what it's worth, I just ported the algorithm from FVWM2. I was only
> scratching my own itch, as I wanted to start using Openbox but couldn't
> live without the directional focus and edge growing/moving actions I'd
> grown so used to. I only ever used the N/E/S/W ones, FWIW.

Hi, thanks for piping in.  Meanwhile I have figured it out, mostly.
Your use case should continue to work with my patch, especially if you
keep the default weights :-)

My own motivation was that I got a "new" IBM clicky keyboard in a junk
sale and started using it.  Of course it lacks the Microsoft keys, so I
had to find a new primary way of window switching that didn't need any
modifier.  I found that I could bind the numeric keypad keys (which I
never use for anything else) to the directional switching commands.  And
of course the keypad has keys for all directions.  Lucky me! :)