[openbox] Client list wish

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Thu Jul 2 14:22:31 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-02 19:38 +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

Ian> I wish the client list menu started with the currently focussed
Ian> window selected, and not always the first window in the list, as it
Ian> does now.

Ian> What are the chances of getting such a feature into openbox, by any
Ian> means necessary? ;-)

Mikael> Your question is a bit confusing since the client list menu is
Mikael> sorted by most recently used order, meaning the currently
Mikael> focused window is always at the top, and should be the one
Mikael> selected when you open it. Do I misunderstand something you
Mikael> asked?

I meant the "combined client list" menu which of course must be sorted
first by desktop to make any sense.  IOW, the situation I face is: I am
on some random desktop, say desktop 3, I open the combined menu, and the
item pre-selected is the top window on desktop 1.

If there is a way to get the client list _just for current desktop_
directly, without having to select a submenu first, that would answer my
wish too, but I don't know of a way.