[openbox] mikabox

Mikael Magnusson mikachu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 14:16:50 EST 2015

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 7:36 PM, Alexey Korop <akorop at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, All
>
>   There is "mikachu/openbox.git" beside the oficial "dana/openbox.git"
> repository.

These repositories are equally official, we are both main developers
of openbox. Sometimes (read: always) we are a bit lazy about syncing
in-progress stuff between releases.

http://openbox.org/wiki/Openbox:UsingGit

>   - Is it true that mikabox is a superset of the official Dana's openbox?

"mikabox" is just my branch with unofficial patches that are probably
only useful for myself. The "master" branch of mikachu/openbox.git
however is very official :).

>   - Are there somewhere patches for individual mikabox functions? (For
> example, separate patchset to the official openbox that provide edge
> functions)

If you look in the repo, you'll see that most features are on separate
branches. You can also get separate patches out of git very easily.
The edges feature is also in wip/edges in my repos.

>   - Is it OK to discuss mikabox here?

Sure, but you probably won't find anything generally useful in there.

--
Mikael Magnusson