[openbox] Set YAD dialog to always on top.

Randall Bilbrey rdbilbrey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 10:00:04 EST 2015

I'm using Raspbian with X11, Openbox 3.4, and pygame. I need a way to set
my YAD dialogs to always be on top of any windows including pygame. I have
set pygame to screen = pygame.display.set_mode(size, pygame.NOFRAME) and I
am using wmctrl -i -r $THIS_WINDOW -b add,above

My issue is that the YAD dialog does pop on top of the other windows and
grabs focus, but if you click on pygame then the pygame window is now on
top. All other windows except the pygame window seem to behave properly and
will slide behind the YAD dialog, even new windows. The only problem is
with the pygame window.

I've also tried using obapps and it is honouring the settings for the YAD
dialog window and I am setting it to Above, but it has the exact same
behaviour as using wmctrl.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA