[openbox] how to disable gdm lock screen

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex+lists-openbox at apartia.org
Mon Apr 20 10:13:23 EDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 07:44:44PM -0400, Jim Rees wrote:
> I have no idea how you configure fonts in either dm, but you can find out
> what the difference is easily enough. Log in on each and do
>
> printenv |grep XDG
>
> to get the name of the config directory (see "man fonts.conf"). Then look at
> the settings for rgba, hinting, hintstyle, and antialias.

After switching to lightdm I configured system fonts with
~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf and now everything looks great. It's
even a bit strange to have such good looking fonts under Linux :)

	<?xml version="1.0"?>
	<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
	<!-- /etc/fonts/fonts.conf file to configure system font access -->
	<fontconfig>

		<match target="font">
			<edit mode="assign" name="antialias">
				<bool>true</bool>
			</edit>
			<edit mode="assign" name="embeddedbitmap">
				<bool>false</bool>
			</edit>
			<edit mode="assign" name="hinting">
				<bool>true</bool>