[openbox] Full screen windows auto raise using sloppy focus

Walter Alejandro Iglesias eloi at roquesor.com
Sun Oct 12 14:57:37 EDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 04:52:21PM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

> > > http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Actions#ToggleDecorations
> >
> > I'm lost.  Again, decorations don't bother me.
>
> I interpreted your reply to mean that the unfullscreen and maximize
> wouldn't work for mplayer because you don't want the title bar on it,
> which the toggledecor/disabledecor actions would solve.

OK

> Assuming we do allow people to customize the bindings, it doesn't
> necessarily mean they'll rebind it to alphanumeric keys, so disabling
> accelerators should be a separate option.  Thinking about it a bit
> more, we don't need to disable them.

Even if it bothers more than it helps to remove functionality hurts,
isn't it?  Perhaps you've never used it but deeply in your heart you
know you *can*.  I know that sentiment. :-)

> If anyone wants to have a go, look at event_handle_menu_input in
> event.c, and add a bunch of options in config.c in the <menu> section
> or <keyboard> section, not sure which makes more sense right now. Eg,
> the keepMenuOpenKey (ctrl) applies to mouse events as well.

To get what I want I've replaced XK_Up, XK_Down, XK_Left and XK_Right
for the respective vi keys and removed the whole accelerators function
in event.c.

But despite what developers use to value (in FVWM mailing list I was
told I abuse of my rhetoric :-)) I think that, in the long term, it pays
more to share my "why" and "what for" and hear other's in human
language.  To explain it to the machine is the last step.

> --
> Mikael Magnusson

	Walter