[openbox] ssh-askpass

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Oct 9 23:28:28 EDT 2014

On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 18:14:04 -0700 Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 14:21:58 -0500,
> Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:
>
> Ranjan> I use openbox without any DE and with SLiM as my login
> Ranjan> manager. I was wondering how to get ssh-askpass to work when I
> Ranjan> log in. I looked around for some help with openbox WM but was
> Ranjan> unable to find any. I am able to find the following setup for
> Ranjan> LXDE (which supposedly works):
>
> > $ sudo tail /usr/bin/startlxde
> > # set up ssh
> > SSH_ASKPASS=/usr/libexec/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass
> > export SSH_ASKPASS
> > eval $( ssh-agent -s )
> > ssh-add &
>
> > # Start the LXDE session
> > exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE -e LXDE
> > eval $( ssh-agent -k )
>
> I use xdm, and such stuff goes into my ~/.xsession file.

Thanks, but I have no .xsession file:

$ locate xsession
usr/share/xsessions
/usr/share/xsessions/openbox.desktop
/usr/share/xsessions/wbar.desktop

$locate .xsession
$

Ranjan

> --
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.