[openbox] Disabling certain keybindings, if a certain window/aaplication has focus

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Sun Mar 23 04:41:18 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am using Blender a lot and Blender has so many functions
(especially when counting the addons additionally), that
nearly no keycombination is left unused for shortcuts/hotkeys.
Many keybindings can be configurated in Blender, but there
is a limit of speed increase when you start configuring
keybindings like LSHIFT+LALT+ALTGR+RSHIFT+F4 for something... ;)

Keybindings of addons are often hardcoded into the addon itsself.

To ease this situation I would like to disable some of openbox's
keybindings, when the window of Blender has focus, so Blender
get all this keycombinations.

If another window gets focus, the original keybindings of openbox
should become active again.

Wonderful plan ... but I have no idea how to accomplish that... ;)

Would it be possible? And how?

Best regards and have a nice sunday 8)

Best regards
mcc