[openbox] Any way to bind the "super" key ?

Anthony Thyssen A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Sat Mar 1 19:18:55 EST 2014

On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 11:37:34 +0100
Antoine <antoine.vigouroux at numericable.fr> wrote:
| On 28/02/2014 22:56, Albert Aurélien wrote:
| > Hi,
| >
| > I would like to bind the "super" key (windows logo on my keyboard) to
| > an "execute" action (to start my launcher).
| >
| > Is there any way to bind only the "super" key to an action ? Not as a
| > modifier, but as a regular key ?
| >
| > Thanks.

| Hello ! In the Openbox config file, you can use "Super_L" (for the
| leftmost super key).
| Someone should write it somewhere on the documentation, as it's a very
| frequently asked question...
| Cheers,
| Ant.

However while the super key can be used to initiate an action it is
more normal to use it as a 'shift' key (W or 'Windows' shift key)

I myself use it as the shift key for all window control actions,
especially for windows that do not have a titlebar, or have no frame
you can grab.  For example cycling though a large stack of windows
(terminals to multiple machines).

This is important as more and more applications use the 'Alt' key for
various reasons.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au>