[openbox] most aps ignore rc.xml

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Mon Jan 13 08:50:30 EST 2014

Johan Vromans wrote:

  Anthony Thyssen <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au> writes:

  > But again it handles every window that opens. not just the initial
  > window. that is why I don't use it! Though I did look into it.

  It does only handle main window(s) which I haven't experienced being a
  problem.

  For Mozilla I filed a bug (not taking command line -geometry into
  account) some 10 years ago, and they're still discussing it.

There used to be undocumented "-width" and "-height" command line options,
although no way to set the position.

Firefox also ignores the X "geometry" resource. That bug is over 20 years
old and dates to the first release of Mozilla. It's #444496 in Bugzilla.