[openbox] aps not honoring rc.xml position statements, Vol 59, Issue 4

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Sun Jan 12 20:52:06 EST 2014

There used to be a bug in openbox having to do with window position near the
bottom of the screen. It's been a while so I don't remember the
details. It's fixed in the repo but if you have an older build maybe that's
it? Someone else on this list might remember the details better than I.

Firefox is notoriously bad about adhering to standards with regard to window
position and size. It ignores all the standard X command line options and
resources, among other problems. I remember filing a bug on bugzilla about
15 years ago about this, and I don't think it was ever fixed. MS Windows
compatibility is a far higher priority for them than linux.