[openbox] _NET_WM_STATE_BELOW doesn't work when set by an application

Danny Smit danny.smit.0 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 06:42:56 EST 2014

Thank you all for the information and cooperation.

With your help I was able to create a small test application which
only uses X calls to set a window to either the top or bottom layer
and is it works exactly as it should (both before and after mapping of
the window). So these calls are actually working perfectly.

Furthermore I discovered that the issue may be related to the addition
of the Qt FramelessWindowHint flag. I'm not sure yet how this one
translates to the EWMH spec, but when that flag comes into play, it
looks like the window order is strangely not accepted anymore.