[openbox] _NET_WM_STATE_BELOW doesn't work when set by an application

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Wed Feb 5 17:01:57 EST 2014

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 16:31:25 -0500, Andrew Gallant wrote
> [ ... nice explanation snipped ... ]
> This advice should translate to, "OK, I need to find a Qt function
> that sends a client message to _NET_WM_STATE and NOT a function that
> just changes the property."

But that missses the point: the OP uses Qt, and that is a multi-platform
toolkit. A Qt programmer is not supposed to call xcb functions (or their
wrappers) directly. That's the job of the framework (setNetWmStates as
mentioned by the OP is a _private_ method).

So the question remains: is this a bug in Qt or in OpenBox? Why does
the same code work in Gnome2?

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes