[openbox] Weird bug with NextWindow (ALT+TAB)

Sébastien ml at terranean.eu
Mon Sep 30 02:31:37 EDT 2013

Le 2013-09-29 à 12:33, Danko Krajisnik a écrit:
> I have a weird bug with cycling through windows on the newer versions
> of Openbox. It seems that the ALT+TAB dialog stays open after I
> release the ALT key. I have to hit ENTER for it to disappear. This
> only happens occasionally, not every time I try to cycle windows.

If it can help, while testing this, I noticed a similar situation that
also only happens occasionally, on Openbox 3.5.0
I have Alt-w set up to open a terminal.

    <keybind key="A-w">
      <action name="Execute">
        <startupnotify>
          <name>Terminal</name>
        </startupnotify>
        <command>xfterm4</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>

If I do Alt-Tab quickly after Alt-w (I never do it -- just for testing
this), I have the same symptoms, or I can click on a window (an actual
window, not a choice in the list) to make it disappear.

    <keybind key="A-Tab">
      <action name="NextWindow">
        <finalactions>
          <action name="Focus"/>
          <action name="Raise"/>
          <action name="Unshade"/>
        </finalactions>
      </action>
    </keybind>
    <keybind key="A-S-Tab">
      <action name="PreviousWindow">
        <finalactions>
          <action name="Focus"/>
          <action name="Raise"/>
          <action name="Unshade"/>
        </finalactions>
      </action>
    </keybind>

I also use xmodmap, but neither Alt or Tab is involved: Caps Lock is
just mapped to Return with the following.

clear lock
keycode 66 = Return

However it does seem to happen when xmodmap wants me to release left
Alt while I Alt-Tab:

xmodmap:  please release the following keys within 2 seconds:
    Tab (keysym 0xff09, keycode 23)
    Alt_L (keysym 0xffe9, keycode 64)

But again, not all the time (could be a very small time window).

--
Sébastien