[openbox] Problem with bash script in Openbox menu

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Sun Sep 15 21:19:11 EDT 2013

David Shaw wrote:

  On 15/09/13 15:28, Dana Jansens wrote:
  >The '.' command won't search your path. You can probably replace '.'
  >with 'exec' (or just with nothing) and then not need the full path.

  I did not know that, thank you.  However, it doesn't explain why the
  script *will* work as intended from the terminal, but *won't* from
  the openbox menu or gmrun unless I include the full path to the
  script, no matter how it's run, with or without a . or with exec.

Try "env". It searches the path for the given command.