[openbox] Openbox on multiple X screens?

Bjørn T Johansen btj at havleik.no
Sat Oct 19 03:09:27 EDT 2013

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 22:15:57 -0400
Jim Rees <rees at umich.edu> wrote:

> Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
>
>   This seems to work and gives me what I want... It's only one problem left. The font on display :0.1 is not the same as on :0.0. The one on :0.0 looks
>   ok and correct but the font on :0.1 looks small and tiny... Are there any
>   more programs I need to start on display :0.1? Or anything else I am
>
> Maybe a screen resolution problem? Check with
>
> xdpyinfo -display :0.1 |grep resolution
>
> If it's not right, I'm not sure how you fix it, used to be xorg.conf, now
> maybe xrandr? Or just change it for xft by setting the Xft.dpi
> resource. That only works for Xft applications, which I think is most of
> them these days.

Yes, I guess that's the reason...:

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1920x1080 pixels (341x191 millimeters)
  resolution:    143x144 dots per inch

screen #1:
  dimensions:    2560x1440 pixels (602x342 millimeters)
  resolution:    108x107 dots per inch

Guess there is not easy fix for this? If I set the same DPI for both screens, it will not look so good on either? Or can I set DPI to 96 (or some
other value?) for both and it will still look good?

BTJ