[openbox] Openbox on multiple X screens?

Bjørn T Johansen btj at havleik.no
Fri Oct 18 17:22:54 EDT 2013

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 22:18:18 +0200
Bjørn T Johansen <btj at havleik.no> wrote:

> I have found the FAQ where is says howto run Openbox on two screens, but when I do this, my panel disappear from both screen... I was expecting to
> have to setup my second screen but my first screen configuration doesn't work either...
> So was just wondering, what is the procedure to configure panels in such a setup?
>

> Regards,
>
> BTJ

Ok, I think I have found a solution (not sure if it is the correct one but..) I have added the following at the end of my autostart file under
~/.config/openbox:

DISPLAY=:0.1 openbox &
DISPLAY=:0.1 tint2 &
DISPLAY=:0.1 compton ~/.config/compton.conf &

This seems to work and gives me what I want... It's only one problem left. The font on display :0.1 is not the same as on :0.0. The one on :0.0 looks
ok and correct but the font on :0.1 looks small and tiny... Are there any more programs I need to start on display :0.1? Or anything else I am
missing?

BTJ