[openbox] Hi Future Of Obconf -Warning & Critical?

Andrej N. Gritsenko andrej at rep.kiev.ua
Thu Jul 18 21:23:01 EDT 2013

    Hello!

Anthony Thyssen has written on Friday, 19 July, at 10:41:
>Pretty much every GTK application I have see generates mega-loads of
>these type of warnings. I think it is mostly because no machine is ever
>quite the same as the developers machine.

    GTK/GDK warnings are ok but if you see CRITICAL in debug mode then
you get a crash in non-debug mode. Just because CRITICAL message is an
assertion which will be removed from code in non-debug mode and you'll
get an invalid memory pointer eventually. JFYI.

>It is actually rather annoying to have to wade through this garbage
>when trying to track down a REAL problem. Just because most users never
>need to took at X window session error logs does not mean it is okay to
>flood it with junk.  It is a sign of a bad programmer, somewhere along
>the dependency chain.

>Better to get them fixed, or (globally turn them off) when no longer
>debugging the GTK side of an application.

    Any CRITICAL message should be definitely fixed. You can catch a core
dump on them if you set an environment variable G_DEBUG=fatal-criticals
beforehand.

    Andriy.