[openbox] Go to a program if it's already running

Antoine antoine.vigouroux at numericable.fr
Thu Jul 18 12:17:53 EDT 2013

Hello!
I've been an Openbox user for a while now, and it is the best interface
known to man.
However, there's something I never managed to do :
Imagine you have an item in the root menu corresponding to an
application. If the application has not been launched yet, then run it.
But if the application is already running, just go to the workspace
where the window is, and raise the window.
In an ideal world, if there are more than one window, display a submenu
allowing to choose the wanted one.
You'll notice that it's the habitual behavior of most "docks", like in
Unity or even Windows. But it would be awesome to be able to do it with
Openbox menus.
Is there currently some hackish way to do this? I believe it would be a
very useful feature otherwise.

Cheers,
Antoine from France