[openbox] xinput stopped working

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Mon Jul 15 14:37:45 EDT 2013

Jamie Macdonald wrote:

  I didn't really understand your symptoms, my problem was probably
  unrelated, but reinstalling is usually not a bad idea.

  Is everything (xset, xinput, xbindkeys) being reset on suspend/resume?

No, only xinput. I'm only setting one property:

xinput --set-prop 'Microsoft  Compact Optical Mouse 500' 'Device Accel Velocity Scaling' 1.75

But that one property is getting reset to the default value of 10
periodically. I have not yet figured out any pattern to the resets. I
thought it was suspend/resume, but I've had it happen now without a
suspend. It's not at regular intervals either.

The culprit must be xf86-evdev-input. Maybe I can compare it somehow with
the previous version.

I think my next move will be to replace the xinput executable with a script
that logs who ran it.