[openbox] Conservative exit?

Michael Heerdegen michael_heerdegen at web.de
Thu Jan 10 15:43:31 EST 2013

Hello,

I'm sometimes a bit frightened that I might forget to terminate all X
clients before exiting openbox, because this can sometimes be dangerous.

What would IMHO be helpful would be a (bool) parameter for the "Exit"
action that would control this.  I.e., if the parameter is set true,
display an (additional) warning like "There are still clients - really
exit?".  Something like panels or dockapps would not count - I think
candidates would be these things listed in the window list.

Would it be possible to implement something like that?  Or is it already
possible to achieve this somehow?

Thanks,

Michael.