[openbox] Pipe-menu refresh

Anthony Thyssen A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Sun Feb 24 20:24:27 EST 2013

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 02:26:15 -0300
Matías Gastón Mdq <matiasbatero.mdq at gmail.com> wrote:
| Hi,
|
| Yes, Yad is a great tool, more than Zenity, but it's very limitated.
|
| I use Gtkdialog, it is very powerfull-lightweight utility and simple to use.
| You can do very complex gtk guis. It's specially optimized and it is highly
| oriented to be used in bash.
|
| You can see the project:
| http://code.google.com/p/gtkdialog/
|
| Dependencies: gtk2, libglade.
|
| It would be nice to see a similar utility but in gtk3. Something like
| glade2script but more lightweight.
| I like gtk2, but gtk3 have more future.
|
| Regards!
| Matías Gastón.

gtkdialog seems to be more like a scripting language for launching sub-shell
programs, basic on user actions in a GUI.

In other words a wrapper around a shell scripting.

It is however an interesting idea, especially if the various launched
sub-shells can pass information between each other.

It has a huge learning curve to use properly!

If you are getting this complex you are probably better of using a widget
library such as perl-TK where everything is done in the top level process.

Still it is a nice thing to have in your GUI toolbox.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <A.Thyssen at griffith.edu.au>