[openbox] question on window size

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sun Feb 24 12:44:32 EST 2013

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 05:36:42 -0700
Fred <fred at blakemfg.com> wrote:

Ian> Does openbox make visual icons for minimized windows at all?  That
Ian> would be news to me - I thought not, and I never missed them ;-)

Fred> If openbox doesn't make icons for minimized windows how would one
Fred> find a minimized window to continue using it?  ps -e | grep
Fred> minimized-application shows it is still running.

Two ways:

1.  Window menu (which can be configured to become a submenu of the root
menu)

2.  Alt-Tab (or whatever other keybinding you have for window switching)

Fred> Are you saying I need to upgrade to Debian 7 to make openbox work
Fred> correctly? dpkg --status openbox says openbox is installed ok.
Fred> The version I am using is 3.4.11.1-1 which is later than your
Fred> version.  Are you saying I need to install the earlier version
Fred> instead?

Fred> The installed version of xterm is the same as the one on a PC
Fred> running the same version of Debian 6.0 under gnome which allows
Fred> copy/paste.  How do I get copy/paste under openbox?  Best regards,

No, 3.5.0 > 3.4.11.  In any case, I am sure this has little to do with
openbox and everything to do with the way you have X11 set up.  Care to
ask on comp.windows.x?  I'll honestly try to help there.