[openbox] supporting dynamically mounted devices (usb keys, etc.)?

Robbie Smith zoqaeski at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 03:27:07 EST 2013

On 19/02/13 20:03, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For now I manually mount usb storage devices with an entry in
> /etc/fstab, but I'd like these devices to automount like in gnome.
>
> What is the best way to do that in openbox?
>
> Thanks,

Have a look at udevil (+devmon)[1] and maybe SpaceFM[2] (if you want to
try a new file manager). Alternatively, you could use bashmount[3], and
manually mount disks as required. Udevil is similar to udisks, but
allows configuration, see its documentation. bashmount uses udisks
internally and is basically a shortcut for mounting devices.

I use udevil and devmon and they work quite well.

[1] http://ignorantguru.github.com/udevil/
[2] http://ignorantguru.github.com/spacefm/
[3] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=117674