[openbox] supporting dynamically mounted devices (usb keys, etc.)?

Alexey Korop akorop at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 06:07:27 EST 2013

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote on 19.02.2013 11:03:

 LM> For now I manually mount usb storage devices with an entry in
 LM> /etc/fstab, but I'd like these devices to automount like in
 LM> gnome. What is the best way to do that in openbox?
    1) Each GUI filemanager (pcmanfm, spacefm, thunar, nautilus, rox,
dolphin...) allow the manual mounting by one click;
    2) Almost every filemanager may be used as desktop and allow
the automounting;
    3) If You like a desktopless environment, udisks (udisks2) allow the
automounting (I use this method);
    4) It is possible to write a pipe menu generator for mounting the
block devices that are present but are not mounted.

    And the question of the mounting should arise the question of the
unmounting. I use the pipe menu (see the attachement). This menu I
insert into the menu hierarchy and also bind it directly with the own
hotkey.

   in menu.xml:

   <menu execute="umenu.py"id="umount_removable" label="_Unmount
removable"/>

   in rc.xml:

    <keybind key="W-u">
      <action name="ShowMenu">