[openbox] Starting an application iconized at first

David Vogt david.vogt at adfinis-sygroup.ch
Tue Feb 12 08:48:29 EST 2013

Hi,

On 12/02/13 13:06, meino.cramer at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with openbox is there a way to start an application iconized (which do not support this by
> itsself) via autostart script but not if started via menu?

I don't think it's possible to discriminate on how the application was
started (menu vs. autostart).

However, you can request the application to start iconified pretty
easily. Put something like this in your rc.xml:

 <application name="...">
     <iconic>yes</iconic>
 </application>

You can find docs on how to match your specific application in the wiki:

http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Applications#Example_of_per-app_settings

Cheers
Dave

--
Adfinis SyGroup AG
David Vogt, Bereichsleiter Software-Entwicklung