[openbox] Programattically turning off key bindings

Bruce bbruen at paddys-hill.net
Fri Dec 27 01:02:03 EST 2013

Hi openbox,

I have never written here before, so hello from sunny South Australia!

I use an LXDE/Openbox system and am programming a script editing
application for my own use.

I want to use the meta(/super/W) key within the program to "expand" text
entered based on some macros. So [meta+A] would expand to some text in
the editor like "1. Navigate to the blah-blah window." etc.

The problem is that the standard openbox keybindings get in the way. So
what I'd like to know is, is there a library I could use to disable the
standard key bindings, but only inside that program.

regards
Bruce