[openbox] Is this crash fixed already?

Dana Jansens dana at orodu.net
Sat Aug 17 11:39:38 EDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Andrej N. Gritsenko <andrej at rep.kiev.ua>wrote:

>     Hello!
>
>     I can often get a crash when I'm trying to move app to other desktop
> or some other operation from lxpanel. It may be lxpanel fault, of course,
> but shouldn't Openbox have some protection against this? Or is it fixed
> already? My version in use is 3.5.0.
>
> Core was generated by `/usr/bin/openbox --startup
> /usr/lib/openbox/openbox-autostart OPENBOX'.
> #0  screen_monitor_active () at openbox/screen.c:1683
> 1683            return client_monitor(focus_client);
> (gdb) bt full
> #0  screen_monitor_active () at openbox/screen.c:1683

This function is not recursive now, so I suspect that it is indeed fixed.
It's a bit tricky to say with this level of optimization. If you could
reproduce with -O0 and file a bug, or provide a step by step to reproduce
it, that'd be the most helpful thing.

> No locals.
> #1  screen_monitor_active () at openbox/screen.c:1678
> No locals.
> #2  0x0808a74d in screen_monitor_primary (fixed=<optimized out>) at
> openbox/screen.c:1704
> No locals.
> #3  screen_monitor_primary (fixed=0) at openbox/screen.c:1693
> No locals.
> #4  0x0808ad1c in screen_find_monitor (search=0x8486248) at
> openbox/screen.c:1656
>         i = <optimized out>
>         most = 1
>         mostv = <optimized out>
> [.......]

What came after here would also be helpful.